- Artists members of CAT
- Traditional dancing
- Tigrai Traditional
- People of Raya
- Cultural Association of Tigrai
- The Monastery
- Great stelae
- Beautiful face
- traditional art of Tigray
Contribute your role in capacity building of citizens!
A project prepared to support mini Media at schools and children (students)
Brief information about Tigray Cultural Association
- TCA is a local NGO and was established in 1995
- Its income is generated from its members and supporters
- Its head quarters in Mekelle and it will have its branches in all the regions in Ethiopia
- So far it has over one million members and as of 2012 it will have 1.5 million members who are from the grass roots level
- Conducted two symposia on Tigrigna language that help for the development of Tigrigna language and published the proceedings.
- Established the school of fine Arts for the first time which caters students with special interest in music , arts, and theatrical arts Took the initiative to establish conservation and rehabilitation of heritage at mekelle university for capacity building in the field of study (Department) and made moral support.
- Restitution of some cultural heritages from abroad
- Contributed a big role in Restoration of the monastery of Gundagundo.
- published different books written by authors and gave recognition to the Artist and introduced prizes to the experts
- Conducted different researches an language and cultural values that develop the culture
- Made a significant move in mobilizing students and school communities as a center of cultural development.
Management and Organizational Structure
- The organization is managed by Board of Directors who are elected at every three years summit.
- For the development of culture it focuses on students and school communities
Aims of the project
- Fulfilling mini media equipment for the 200schools out of 1000 schools (50%) of which do not have mini media
- Proving school instruments such as exercise books, pens, pencils and uniform for those who are very poor and for the common three years 2/3 (400,000 students) will be supported and 10% (40,000 Students) which who are best scores will be supported.
- Providing university students with stipend for 2000 students who are best scorers in the universities
Criteria for selection of support
- 50% of the beneficiaries will be women
- Students who are top 10 and need support
- University students whose GPA is above 2.5 and very poor
- Priority will be given for the school that do not have any mini media equipment
- Each donor will be given a form and will be posted on our website
- Students will be selected by the committee from parents, teachers and students
- The donor can select the location can be given by the Association can provide his donation based on the criteria
- Schools will be selected by Bureau of Education and wereda Administration
- Budget for the project
- Elementary schools for one students Birr 300.00 ($16.02)
- Secondary schools for one students Birr 500.00 ($28.02)University students for one student Birr 1,300.00 ($ 72.87)
- Mini media for one school Birr 30,000.00($1,682.6)
Benefits of Donors
- Facilitates the development of the region by strengthen the capacity of the schools
- By helping the students getting spiritual satisfaction
- Creating conducive condition for direct communication with the beneficiary schools and students
- Brief personal profile of the beneficiaries will be recorded and posted on our website